Questioning to Lovey's Life List

ROBERT RIGHTER

Mar 12, 2016, 12:22:11 PM3/12/16
to cobirds
Hi:

In rebuttal to a recent post questioning Lovey’s life list. Lovey is an exceptional spaniel. When we walk her head is always about 2” from the ground. She is a scent tracker as opposed to a sight hound, so when she abruptly looks up from a strong scent and locks on to a bird with her binocular vision I count that swift action as confirmation she’s tallied again another new bird species. In reality Lovey, I’m sure, has a much larger Colorado life list than what she is letting on to, but don’t you all think modesty is always a good virtue to have when birding!

Bob Righter (and Lovey)
Denver CO.

Larry Modesitt

Mar 12, 2016, 1:12:27 PM3/12/16
to Colorado Birds
Bob,
I'm not questioning Lovey's--or your--life list, but I have a question. Several of us have lists of heard-only birds. Does Lovey have a list of "sniffed-only" birds also?
Larry Modesitt
Greenwood Village