Mississippi Kites, Morgan and Washington Counties

Nathan Pieplow

Jul 8, 2021, 4:47:38 PM7/8/21
to cobirds
Hi all,

Will Anderson and I did a little birding on the northeast plains this morning. Will saw a Mississippi Kite over the dam at Prewitt, and we both saw a pair of adult kites in the town of Brush, along highway 71 about five blocks south of Interstate 76. I was unaware that kites had extended their summer range into Morgan County, but from eBird reports it seems they've been around in Fort Morgan and Brush for a few years now. I thought I'd mention our sighting in case other people are in the area and can confirm nesting.

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder

The Nunn Guy

Jul 8, 2021, 5:48:47 PM7/8/21
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

Quite the expansion through the years ... CO Mississippi Kite eBird.

current MIKI.JPG