RMBO Barr Banding Report, 9/27/14

meredith

Sep 27, 2014, 5:32:39 PM9/27/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Don't have anyway to verify this, but this might be the slowest few days in a row ever!  Today, we caught 8 birds in our 7:20 run, 3 at 7:50, 2 at the Nature Center nets, and nothing else the rest of the morning.  Luckily, we had lot of one-of-a-kinds, so the Kingery's Beginning Birder class had an opportunity to learn about lots of species.  Here were the 8 new birds for the season (the balance of those we caught were recaptures):

Rock Wren 1
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Clay-colored Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 1
Dark-eyed Junco, Oregon 1

Closed Sun and Mon; then open Tues through Sat again next week.  We usually have our first birds back at the station by about 7:30.  We usually close between 11 and 12, but have been closing somewhat earlier during this heat.  Hoping for a weather change soon!

Meredith McBurney
Barr Lake Banding Station
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory