Bohemian Waxwings, NW of Deckers, near Wellington Lake

joe...@betterbirdwatching.com

Mar 22, 2023, 1:48:22 PM3/22/23
to Colorado Birds
Bohemian Waxwings, NW of Deckers, near Wellington Lake

While exploring a new trail, Rolling Creek, about a mile from trailhead, strayed from the trail about 100 yards to get a better pic of the Castle formation and slopped into a large flock of Bohemian Waxwings, first heard the vocal flock of at least 50 in a Ponderosa Pine, could have been a lot more with all the calling in surrounding trees, maybe 100. Nice bonus as it's been I think a couple decades since I have observed this species.

Joe LaFleur
Woodland Park, CO