News from Barr Lake Adams Co 10/2

Robert Righter

Oct 3, 2019, 1:47:41 PM10/3/19
to cobirds
Because one can walk out on the sand towards the water's edge, makes it very easy for close viewing of the birds.

Just in the southeast section:
3 American Golden-Plovers, (at least one was a Jv.)
50+ Killdeer
2 Marbled Godwits
3 Jv. Sanderlings
20 Baird’s Sandpipers
3-4 Pectorial Sandpipers
1 Least Sandpiper
20+ Forster’s Gulls

1000’s of Barn Swallows and vast numbers of other regularly occurring waterbirds were present
If there was more time I’d visit Meredith at Conservancy Banding station. It would have been fun to see the Philadelphia Vireo

Lots going on at Barr Lake, Come on out!

Bob Righter
Denver, CO

Adam Vesely

Oct 3, 2019, 3:10:10 PM10/3/19
to Colorado Birds
Just a friendly reminder about shore access at Barr Lake: birders can only access the shore north of the bird banding station. South of the banding station is considered the "Wildlife Refuge" and you must stay on marked trails. While they don't seem to enforce this much, I've confirmed with several of the Park Rangers and this is also depicted on the park maps.

Adam Vesely
Thornton, CO