Aurora Reservoir, Arapahoe

Steven Mlodinow

Nov 24, 2013, 7:32:34 PM11/24/13
to Colorado Birding
Greetings All
David Dowell and I went to Aurora Res this PM
This afternoon was quite the show at Arapahoe Res with 5000+ gulls. The highlight had to be a RING-BILLED X LAUGHING GULL (see PBase Tunica Gull- but with gray marking replaced by black). However, a first winter GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL, a first winter GW x HERRING GULL, an imm GLAUCOUS GULL, a first winter MEW GULL, 6 LBB GULLS, 8 THAYERS GULLS, ~500 Cal Gulls and 200 Herring Gulls also much impressed. On n side by dam there was also 5 LONG TAILED DUCKS, including a sweet ad male. Two Sandhill Cranes were on the shore. I shudder to think of that which we could not ID.
Good Birding
Steve Mlodinow
Longmont CO

Sent from my iPhone