Winnowing Wilson's, Ken Caryl JeffCo

David Suddjian

Jun 18, 2016, 12:52:59 AM6/18/16
to Colorado Birds
"My" Wilson's Snipe is winnowing over Massey Draw and my home again tonight. I hadn't heard him in a few weeks, but maybe this moony night has stirred him to new efforts. (Good luck to all the Big Nighters who soon will join Ted!). I suppose the snipe has been here in the wetland section of Massey below my home all along since late April, simply escaping notice for weeks at a time. It is a fabulous sound he offers tonight, and so energetically delivered nonstop for over 90 minutes. The pair of Great Horned Owls is calling now, too. The have also been quiet for a while. But now their duet is a calming counterpoint to the spooky winnows of Mr. Snipe.

It's been a while since I posted, despite (or a casualty of) lots of birding. Permit me a belated post or two soon when I can carve out the time!

Meantime from the front porch,

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO

Sent from my iPhone