Fawn Brook Inn closing

teuton

Aug 6, 2017, 7:45:03 AM8/6/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
After 38 years in business,  Hermann and Mieke Groicher have sold the Fawn Brook Inn. The new owners will be the same people who own the Rock Creek Tavern and Pizzeria,  also in Allenspark.  They may remodel and open again, but who knows.  The future of bird feeding there is uncertain.   The Groicer's received the CFO homeowners/property owners appreciation award in 2006. I wanted to let the birding community know, as the closing date of the sale is Aug 28. The restaurant will close Aug 12.  Also, keep Hermann in your thoughts, as he fell on Friday and broke some ribs.
Feel free to contact me off line if you'd like more information.
Cheryl Teuton
Aurora

Ben S

Aug 6, 2017, 9:16:44 PM8/6/17
to Colorado Birds
I posted about it being for sale in Feb, hoping perhaps the Colorado birding community could possible get together the funds to buy the place, probably wishful thinking. To badit was deemed inappropriate for discussion on here.
Ben Sampson
Centennial, Co

John Malenich

Aug 13, 2017, 3:45:53 PM8/13/17
to Colorado Birds
The Groicier family is having an open house at the Fawn Brook Inn on Aug. 20th, 2017 from 12-3pm.  Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone interested.

So now has come the time for our last waltz.   It is with a whole myriad of emotions that we announce that on August 12, we will hold our final dinner service. We are so grateful that we will be starting our next adventure—retirement! We would like you to celebrate this next chapter with us as we hold an open house on August 20 from 12:00-3:00.   Please join us for this special day as we reminisce, reflect and celebrate our time with each and every one of you.

All our love,

The Groicher Family