Beidleman

Bob Righter

Sep 19, 2014, 12:32:52 PM9/19/14
to Cobirds
Hi

Thanks to Arvind for post about Richard Beidleman.

I was greatly influenced by Beidleman, taking all of his week long field courses at RMNP year after year and from this gained an approach for learning ornithology, particularly an appreciation for the 19th century naturalist who roamed the west unearthing all kinds of new biota. He was a riveting teacher, one of a kind, perhaps with no equal.

Bob Righter
Denver CO

Sent from my iPad

Tina Jones

Sep 19, 2014, 4:47:19 PM9/19/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Richard Beidleman was one of the most extraordinary teachers I ever had. I also took his classes through the Rocky Mountain Nature Assoiciation and his teaching changed my life. His enthusiasm was contagious. Everytime he showed us a new bird in the field he was so excited, as if, it was his first time seeing the bird. He taught his field classes ; Ornithology , Botany, and Colorado Natural History classes with such love and curiosity. His teaching is what made me want to learn so much more. I was priviledged to have Richard Beidleman as a teacher.

Tina Jones
Littleton, Jefferson County,CO