Northern Goshawk, Jefferson County

Anne Price

Mar 13, 2019, 11:24:51 PM3/13/19
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Greetings COBIRDS:

This afternoon I was treated to a 2.5 hour visit from an adult female northern goshawk in my Columbine Knolls North backyard. She sat in my ash tree, about 40 ft off the ground. I first noticed her at 3:45 PM and she vanished at 6:15PM.  She was wet, but roused, preened, stretched, muted (twice) and tucked up a foot to survey  the area. In the 19 years I've lived in this house, I've never had one in my yard, let alone seen one cruising through the area, though I know they do just that at certain times of the year.

~Anne Price

Littleton, Jefferson County

March Goshawk 01.jpg