Raptor Identification Course

Anne Price

Sep 17, 2019, 10:20:08 PM9/17/19
to cob...@googlegroups.com

Greetings COBIRDS:

We have TWO spaces remaining on Saturday, September 21st, for the "Masters of the Colorado Sky" raptor identification course at the Raptor Education Foundation in Brighton. CPW Raptor Monitor Karen Metz and Curator Anne Price will showcase approximately ten of Colorado's most common diurnal raptors live in our classroom, with slides of other similar species for comparison. There will be special emphasis on the wing shape, flight style, and distinct markings of each genus or "type" of raptor that we commonly see here in Colorado. The roughly two-and-a-half hour class will conclude with a tour of our exterior mews (raptor housing). Space is limited to twenty participants. The fall migration is well under way, so you won't want to miss this great opportunity to sharpen your raptor ID skills! The cost is $60. Click here for more information and to sign up.

Thank you,

Anne Price

Brighton, Adams Co.