Least Flycatcher, RMNP, Larimer Co

Bob Righter

Jun 20, 2017, 3:47:04 PM6/20/17
to cobirds
Hi

At 11:00 am while walking from the trail head on the east side of Moraine Park at about 1 to 2/10ths of a mile I heard "chebeck, chebeck, chebeck..." that continued for 10 minutes. The empid was calling from a Lodgepole tree limb about 20 feet from the ground that was adjacent to the path. Viewing the empid from about 20 feet I first noticed how the underneath appeared noticeable light in color, particularly after just viewing a Dusky Flycatcher that appeared a grayish dusky undertone. Viewing from the side the wings appeared blackish with noticeable light-colored wing-bars and the face showed a distinct eye-ring. The bill was short and the tail was medium length and narrow. The general habitat was Lodgepole Pine and Alder-Willow near the wetlands, certainly an odd location for a Least. If anyone is interested I have a rather scratchy IPhone recording that I'll figure out how to send

Bob Righter
Denver CO

Sent from my iPad