Apex Park. Jefferson county

Jill Boice

May 30, 2018, 9:17:49 PM5/30/18
to cob...@googlegroups.com
What a lovely walk I had at Apex yesterday. If you are not familiar with Apex it is more or less a vertical corridor following a drainage starting on Lookout Mt and ending near Golden. Near the bottom I heard a BlueJay scolding, then somewhat higher saw a Scrub Jay and further up saw several Stellars Jays. One section had Black Headed grosbeaks frequently. It seemed like their rambling songs overlapped as I went along. With the gurgling of the small creek, the Grosbeaks, some Robins, a Western Tanager and many House Wrens it was an auditory bonanza.

Fortunately it was a cloudy and cool day. Apex can get very hot. If you are interested, be sure to go on an odd numbered day when there are some biking limitations.

Jill Boice

Sent from my iPhone