Lewis' Woodpecker, N. Cardinal, yard birds, Boulder, 9/24

34 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Thomas Heinrich

ongelezen,
24 sep 2015, 19:31:2224-09-2015
aan cob...@googlegroups.com
The last couple of days have been very birdy in my yard at the foot of Mt. Sanitas in north Boulder. For three hours this afternoon a Lewis' Woodpecker has been feeding like a flycatcher from a stand of Ponderosa Pines on top of the Dakota Ridge directly uphill from my house--a new yard bird. The Northern Cardinal visited my feeders two evenings ago and was also seen flying across the backyard this morning. This November 11 will mark the 3 year anniversary of the arrival of the N. Cardinal in my yard!

At around 11:00 am today I heard, and then saw, a flock of 20 Pinyon Jays flying south to north along the Dakota Hogback. Also this am, a Red-naped Sapsucker visited the yard. For the last week or so, we've had a flock of 18+ Lesser Goldfinches. Also, Lincoln's Sparrow, Wilson's Warbler, and many (8-10) Spotted Towhees.

Good birding,

Thomas Heinrich
Boulder, CO
Nyc...@aol.com