Prewitt Reservoir Shorebird Bonanza (Washington County)

Eric Hynes

Aug 29, 2021, 12:16:06 AM8/29/21
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hello CO Birders:

I had the distinct pleasure of leading a CFO Shorebird ID workshop to Prewitt Reservoir in Washington County this morning and we enjoyed a shorebird spectacle. We tallied 20 species, some in remarkable numbers.

Baird's Sandpipers and Stilt Sandpipers were there by the hundreds.

Noteworthy species were Black-bellied Plover (1), Semipalmated Plover (4), Red-necked Phalarope (2), Sanderling (1), and Short-billed Dowitcher (1)

The complete list can be viewed here:

The second image of Semipalmated Plover in the eBird checklist has a few other species in it. See how many species you can discover.

Good birding,
Eric
Eric Hynes
Telluride, CO