8 EVENING GROSBEAKS, NORTHERN BOULDER COUNTY

Pam Piombino

Dec 30, 2014, 1:29:33 PM12/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com, Nature Net
Hi All,

We've had hundreds of birds coming to our feeding stations these wintry days, but nothing out of the ordinary until about five minutes ago when a flock of 8 Grosbeaks arrived.

We did have a Coopers take a Collared Dove this morning, and just had a fly-by by a Prairie Falcon.

Happy New Year to all,

Pam Piombino

Dave Fletcher

Dec 30, 2014, 3:05:40 PM12/30/14
to Mary McQuiston, Pam Piombino, cob...@googlegroups.com, Nature Net
"My" birds go through 6 suet cakes a week.  I think water is key as well.

Dave Fletcher
Niwot

Dave Fletcher

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Mary McQuiston marymc...@comcast.net [NATURE-NET] <NATURE-NE...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

What type of feeding stations do you have and what seed? I'm trying to branch out from sunflower seeds and thistle! Thank you
Mary McQuiston

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: Mary McQuiston <marymc...@comcast.net>

Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed do not necessarily represent BCNA/BCAS&#39;s position.  BCNA/BCAS reserves the right to reject any message we feel is inappropriate.

.

Alison Kondler

Dec 30, 2014, 3:31:59 PM12/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
I know what you mean, there are hundreds of birds in my yard too. It's getting to a point where it's almost embarrassing. ;) I'm already known as the bird lady, but now, bird lady aka bird freak! Love it!