Orange-crowned Warbler. Walden/Sawhill Ponds, Boulder Co

Laura Steadman

Apr 24, 2015, 10:35:06 PM4/24/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Early this morning at Walden and Sawhill Ponds, in addition to 42 other species, I had great looks at an orange-crowned warbler feeding in a flowering bush (I don't know what they're called, but they have white buds all over them and smell nice). That was a FOS for me! Also present were both myrtle and Audubon's yellow-rumped warblers. House wrens seem to be back in force again this year! A lone spotted sandpiper was peeping and bopping around in Cottonwood marsh, near the boardwalk area.

Good Birding!
Laura Steadman
Broomfield County