Weld County-Greeley Birds

Rick Reeser

Apr 27, 2023, 9:12:01 AM4/27/23
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Walked west up the Poudre this evening from 35th Ave (Greeley).  The first lake just had an immature bald eagle, a pelican, and a few d-c cormorants.  Beyond that, I was lots of lesser scaup, northern Shovelers and Gadwalls.  Also saw pelicans, cormorants, Pied-billed and western grebes, Avocets (west edge of 3rd lake), white crowned sparrows, killdeer, Canada geese, GB herons, a yellow-headed blackbird, lots of RW blackbirds, tree, and barn swallows, plus a few others.
    Then, I headed over to Glenmere Park in Greeley and found a couple of Black-crowned night herons in the trees on the island. I did not see any of the smaller white egrets, but hope that some of them might also return now that the trees have recovered from the devastating storm a few years back.
Rick Reeser,
Milliken, CO