Cherry Creek State Park, Arapahoe County

Visto 72 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Diane Roberts

no leída,
28 abr 2023, 15:51:3928/4/23
a Cobirds
Hello All,

I wanted to share a couple of my recent observations. CCSP one of the few bodies of water with low water lately. There is alot exposed shoreline & mud. I did sink up to my knee boots in the mud so be prepared.

The Pelican Point hotspot has been closed due to nesting species in the small forest. The Park Rangers are watching supporting this with possible ticket.

The waterfowl, gulls, ibis, terns (not many) & Pelicans have had the area to themselves.  My observation seemed as tho these species were less threatened and more relaxed while feeding. In the end, for the moment in time that the area is closed, nature & birds are better off for it. Birders are being patient inspire of incoming migrants.

Diane Roberts
Douglas County

--
Diane Roberts