Slow birding article in NYT

Bill Kosar

Dec 15, 2022, 11:06:08 AM12/15/22
to Colorado Birds

Mel Goff

Dec 15, 2022, 12:16:19 PM12/15/22
to Bill Kosar, Colorado Birds
Thanks for the link, Bill.

This article is a great reminder of what is right outside our kitchen window. What time will the White-winged Doves come today? Will I get a repoll this winter? When will the Mourning Doves return? It must be time to plant the spring flowers because the grosbeaks have arrived. There's the first junco of the fall. Hey, there is the mob of bushtits! Third time this week already.

The Great Backyard Bird Count is a highlight for us each year. I admit we do have a yard and patch list on eBird, but that takes care of itself. We have two heated birdbaths that the birds seem to really enjoy. Of course, after a few robins bathe it is time to put on winter gear and refill.

Mel Goff
Colorado Springs, El Paso county

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/169c379a-0dab-4f3e-817f-146818b5e44bn%40googlegroups.com.

Ajit Antony

Dec 15, 2022, 2:22:33 PM12/15/22
to Bill Kosar, Colorado Birds

Hi Bill and everyone else.

There is a simple way to shorten a long URL. All you have to do is copy the URL, go to tinyurl.com and paste the long string of letters of the URL and click Make a tiny URL. I used your long string and got https://tinyurl.com/34m9w7t5 instead.

Ajit Antony

Central Park, CO