Female Magnificent Hummingbird / Boulder County

Adam Jack

Oct 29, 2014, 9:21:32 AM10/29/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

The magnificent hummingbird was cooperative again yesterday, and has shown this morning.

Further, from the deck there was one dark morph broad-winged hawk (not ID'ed by me, but obviously a different species to me than normal), various Bald Eagle, and one possible Golden eagle. A Northern harrier, some Cooper's Hawk's and some Red-tailed Hawks. Most, but these last two, were likely migrating through.

Common birds are Hairy/Downey Woodpeckers, Mountain/Black-capped Chickadees, Dark-eyed Juncos, White-brested and Pigmy Nuthatches, Townsend Solitaire, Clark's Nutcracker, Stellar's Jay and various others.

If you visit, please keep a little back from the bird. She is skittish and feel pressure if we get close to the feeders or move about to rapidly.

regards

Adam
Coal Creek Canyon, Colorado

Adam Jack

Oct 30, 2014, 10:14:41 AM10/30/14
to cob...@googlegroups.com
sorry for the late report, I was busy enjoying her with an early bird birder. She is here again today.

Regards

Adam
Coal Creek Canyon

--