BRANT at Equalizer Lake, Larimer Co.; Oct. 25

Scott Baron

Oct 25, 2013, 10:05:17 PM10/25/13
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hello, birders.

I am new to Colorado and have enjoyed my time here so far.  I hope this post goes through, as my posts earlier this fall have not.

I birded Equalizer Lake early this evening.  While standing at the south end of the lake looking at gulls that were standing along the lake edge at around 6pm, a BRANT of the Atlantic race flew in.  I obtained a good look at the bird, who was present for several minutes before it disappeared while I was talking with another birder who saw me and wandered over to see what I was looking at.  I'm glad that someone else saw it before it left!

I took crummy photos of the Brant through my scope.

Scott Baron
Loveland, Colorado