Pacific Loon continues at Marston Reservoir

71 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Joe Roller

nepřečteno,
28. 10. 2018 22:13:2828.10.18
komu: cob...@googlegroups.com
I saw the previously reported Pacific and Common  Loons from a vantage point
along Bow-Mar Drive, where one is allowed to pull completely off the roadway onto the grass.
This is near the pin marker for the eBird hotspot named "Marston Reservoir Complex--Marston Reservoir East End".

I looked due south and the loons were 2/3 of the way across the lake, between a red and a yellow buoy. Seeking a
closer look, I drove to the cul de sac of West Layton Way, which can be reached by going south on South Wadsworth St,
where the far west end of the water comes close to the chain link fence. That way one avoids trespassing.

However from  that cul de sac, houses blocked views of the loon, and one is prohibited from walking east into the nature
preserve.  So I tried from the far west end of the lake, thru the
chain link fence and although I could see the loons, but they were far off and into the sun.

So IF you want to try for the loons, you might need to try all of those 3 vantage points or even Isthmus Park to get a decent view.

Joe Roller, Denver

Gregg Goodrich

nepřečteno,
29. 10. 2018 16:55:3029.10.18
komu: Colorado Birds
Another decent vantage point is at the corner of S Pierce St and W Stetson Pl. Both Loons were directly south from here and to the West of the red bouy. Plus there was a Bald Eagle in the cottonwood.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch

Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi