ANNA’S HUMMINGBIRD/Larimer

Rachel Hopper

Apr 12, 2018, 2:49:04 PM4/12/18
to COBIRDS
The ANNA’S HUMMINGBIRD (adult female) has been appearing regularly at my feeders, but now seems to be favoring the one by the lake. So my best advice is stop at the bottom of the rock steps where you can see both feeders & wait.

Sent from my iPhone
Rachel Kolokoff Hopper
Ft. Collins

Joe Roller

Apr 12, 2018, 5:51:21 PM4/12/18
to Rachel Hopper, COBIRDS
Thanks so much to Rachel Hopper for finding this rare hummer and getting the word out so quickly.

Our DFO trip to Weld County Wetlands was having fun with shorebirds and other spring migrants when
we got the word in time to go with Plan B - Rachel's backyard!

We were treated to prolonged views of the female Anna's Hummingbird, perched at the feeder, at the top
of an aspen, with time for oohs, aahs, and photos.
We also heard her vocalize in flight.

THANKS! What a fun bird to add to the DFO Big Year 2018 list during a DFO field trip!

Joe Roller, Denver