Updated Big Year needs list, etc.

Scott Somershoe

Aug 27, 2021, 12:59:45 PM8/27/21
to Colorado Birds
All,
I'm on the precipice of 250 species with getting a couple new Joe Roller Memorial green big year birds yesterday, including that nemesis Marsh Wren for #249! I finally went to this marsh at Chatfield, which happens to be right near where I go all the time anyway, and got 2 birds! Bingo! I had just never worked my way through the weeds to get down to it before. What a relief!

I updated my needs list post below. I added my "code 5" needs, and tried to fix the formatting. I'll use this as a living document and update it over the rest of the year, so bookmark this for reference if you're birding down my way (wink wink).

My current species is here:

Now if that short-billed gull in Larimer could come down to my patch or even Chatfield or Cherry Creek, that'd be more convenient! :)

Good birding!
Scott
Littleton CO