250 Species in Broomfield County

David Ely

Jun 3, 2018, 3:09:48 PM6/3/18
to Cobirds
Cobirders,

   I wanted to recognize Eric Zorawowicz for achieving something amazing this morning, his 250th species seen in Broomfield county.  There are 3 of us, Eric, Matt Hofeditz, and myself, that live in and regularly bird the county.  We keep in contact and bird together often.  Matt is a very keen and outstanding young birder.  This morning he texted me that he'd found a yellow-breasted chat literally within a 5 minute walk from my house.  I joined Matt and we called Eric who arrived to see and hear this bird.  This is only the 2nd county eBird record, with the first being decades ago.  This bird was a great milestone for Eric and his Broomfield county life list will long be unrivaled.  Thanks to Eric and Matt for their contributions and camaraderie over the years.

David Ely
Broomfield and Salem, MA

Walter "Ski" Szymanski

Jun 4, 2018, 11:24:30 PM6/4/18
to Colorado Birds
On behalf of the Broomfield Bird Club, I, too, would also like to publicly recognize and thank Eric Zorawowicz for providing our club with his personal checklist of birds of Broomfield County and for the generous sharing of his birding knowledge with us. Thank you kindly, Eric.