retire from RBA

Joyce Takamine

Nov 3, 2018, 10:27:24 AM11/3/18
to Joyce Takamine, cobirds
CoBirders,

I want to let you know that I intend to retire from compiling the RBA on 1 Jan 2019.
I have been compiling the RBA for 14 years and think that it is time for some new blood
or possibly some new means of broadcasting the information.

A lot has changed since I first started.  For one we no longer have the phone line which
is sort of how it started.  News come from many sources now:  CoBirds, WSBN, e-Bird,
and Facebook.  When we have a “hot” bird or birds it takes a LOT of time to compile the
reports.

Good Birding,
Joyce Takamine
Boulder

Joe Roller

Nov 3, 2018, 10:48:10 AM11/3/18
to Joyce Takamine, cob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Joyce!
Wow! 14 years of daily pre-dawn WORK to compile the Colorado RBA!
It is recognized as the best of its kind ANYWHERE, with its excellent format and diligent, daily updates.

You have earned the deep respect and gratitude of the Colorado birding community.

Joe Roller, Denver

David Waltman

Nov 3, 2018, 2:20:49 PM11/3/18
to jabi...@gmail.com, cobirds

Joyce, you have done so much, so well, for so long!  You are appreciated by so many!

David Waltman

Diane Roberts

Nov 3, 2018, 4:23:37 PM11/3/18
to Colorado Birds
Thank you & much appreciation Joyce for your daily diligence reporting in Cobirds. A daily read for sure!

Diane Roberts
Lone Tree, CO

Rosanne J.

Nov 3, 2018, 7:05:50 PM11/3/18
to Colorado Birds
Thank you Joyce! The way you organized the RBA was so much better than my eBird RBA. By putting the birds into their county sighting makes searching for rarities so much easier.
Rosanne J.
Centennial

ouzels

Nov 4, 2018, 4:16:49 PM11/4/18
to Colorado Birds
Thanks, Joyce for your dogged perseverence with the RBA. We hope we see you on some field trips soon.

Hugh & Urling Kingery

Janeal Thompson

Nov 4, 2018, 5:26:42 PM11/4/18
to Joyce Takamine, cob...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your years of service to COBIRDS and the rare bird alert, you've done a great job, we'll miss your reports.

Janeal Thompson
Lamar, CO

Gary Brower

Nov 4, 2018, 5:28:33 PM11/4/18
to janealt...@gmail.com, Joyce Takamine, cob...@googlegroups.com
I’ve SO benefitted from the work of those, especially Joyce, who’ve maintained/updated the RBA. My Colorado and life lists have grown! Thanks so much!

Gary Brower
Unincorporated Arapahoe County