Veery, Boulder County

Paula Hansley

May 28, 2023, 11:38:48 AM5/28/23
to CObirds
I and a friend started birding at sunrise at Sawhill Ponds. I do a breeding bird survey here every spring and wasn’t expecting to see any migrants.

South of pond 12 in the middle of the area at about 6:30 am, we were amazed to hear a Veery sing three times!! We never saw it, but its song is unmistakable. I’m used to hearing it on my Boreas Pass breeding bird survey.  It was low in the bushes next to the shoreline.

We never saw it, and we didn’t hear it again. I told a DFO field trip about it

Paula Hansley
Louisville

--
Paula Hansley
Petrographic Consultants International, Inc.