Great-tailed Grackle, southern Boulder County

Paula Hansley

Jun 8, 2022, 7:39:55 PM6/8/22
to CObirds
CObirders,
At 3:45 PM today, I decided to take So. 68th Street south from Marshall Road.  A little over a mile along the road there was a small puddle (see picture).  Drinking from this puddle was a gorgeous Great-tailed Grackle!
By the time I could grab my camera, he had flown away.  I proceeded to drive down the hill (this required 4-wheel drive) to the valley below.  I quickly turned around and headed back up the hill to see if I could re-find the grackle.

Much to my delight, he was sitting on a telephone pole squawking:
GtGrackle1.JPG

Paula Hansley
Louisville