Hybrid(?) oriole, Boulder County

Paula Hansley

Jun 6, 2024, 7:11:36 PMJun 6
to CObirds
CObirders,
I continue to read reports of a Baltimore X Bullock’s hybrid at Walden/Sawhill.  I have spent quite a bit of time in the area, including 4 hours on Monday morning (6/3) documenting nesting bird species as I am the ecosteward for Sawhill Ponds.  The only orioles that I have seen are at least two pair of nesting Bullock’s Orioles and one other Oriole, a continuing, singing, first year male Orchard Oriole— he is flying around — from tree to tree singing and singing (almost desperately).  The only way that I could identify this bird way by taking a telephoto px and enlarging it on my computer!  I reported the bird with a picture to CObirds at least a week ago.  Had I not done that, I would have misidentified the bird.  It is almost impossible to see, let alone photograph, because of the leaves and its constant motion.

Is this the bird that has been reported as a hybrid oriole?  I would like to read a detailed description of the hybrid that is being reported.  Please.

Paula Hansley
Louisville