Next BIRD BOMBS: I'm Molting! to explode July 20

David Suddjian

Jun 23, 2023, 11:17:30 PM6/23/23
to Colorado Birds, David Suddjian

Birders, get ready for the next BIRD BOMBS on July 20. I'm Molting! The Nuts and Bolts of Molt  Register for I'm Molting!
.
Birders encounter the effects of molt all the time, especially now in summer. Feather molt has a big impact on what we see in the field. But understanding molt is confusing--Basic plumage, alternate, 1st cycle, juvenile, hatch year, immature, prebasic, prealternate, complete, incomplete, partial, molt cycles, and don't even mention formative plumage! BIRD BOMBS will help make sense of the why, when and what of molt using local species to help show us what is going on.

David Suddjian
Littleton CO

Screenshot (631).png