Ken Caryl Valley, Jefferson

David Suddjian

Sep 30, 2014, 8:37:08 PM9/30/14
to Colorado Birds
I visited a handful of sites in my home area this morning, 9/30. A HY Harris's Sparrow along Massey Draw upstream of Valley Parkway was early (I think) and delightful. A Brown Thrasher was in an open space area near Bradford Elementary. An adult Broad-winged Hawk was flying south along the Dakota Hogback near Massey Draw.

Still 7 Rock Wrens noted this morning, and a handful of Rufous Hummers, 3 Green-tailed Towhees, and 2 Sage Thrashers. 22 Turkey Vultures went south along the Dakota Hogback in one pulse, sharing airspace with one leisurely Golden Eagle

The area where I had the Ladder-backed Woodpecker last week was seemingly ladder-less.

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO