Ken Caryl Valley, JeffCo 8-23

David Suddjian

Aug 23, 2016, 9:43:26 PM8/23/16
to Colorado Birds
[Note: there is not general public access to Ken Caryl Ranch.]

The willows of Massey Draw below my home in Ken Caryl Ranch remained active today, with a highlight being a Tennessee Warbler among 7 species of warblers. The other warblers I noted included 1 Orange-crowned, 2 Virginia's, 21 Yellow, 1 MacGillivray's, 1 Common Yellowthroat, and 19 Wilson's. Some of the other migrants included Western Wood-Pewee, Dusky Flycatcher, Cordilleran Flycatcher, and Blue-gray Gnatcatcher. Later I appreciated a pair of Golden Eagles that were soaring over my home.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Ranch
Littleton, CO