Bohemian Waxwings at Ken Caryl, JeffCo

David Suddjian

Dec 23, 2022, 6:11:29 PM12/23/22
to Colorado Birds
A flock of about 20 Bohemian Waxwings just flew over my home at Ken Caryl Valley, heading off southwards as they left the view. It was wonderful to hear their calls. These were my first in the area.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

David Suddjian

Dec 24, 2022, 9:53:39 AM12/24/22
to Colorado Birds
Christmas comes early here at Ken Caryl. Another or the same flock of Bohemian Waxwings passed over my home near sunrise, moving east at the time. I estimated them at 25.
Yesterday's flock was around late afternoon when they should be seeking a roost spot, and this morning's flock was early, with 20-25 each time. I wonder if they were the same and the flock had roosted nearby, now on the move to feed somewhere. My Christmas wish is to see them stationary.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO