Birds of note in Clear Creek Co and at Littleton, Arapahoe Co.

David Suddjian

Nov 13, 2021, 3:30:23 PM11/13/21
to Colorado Birds
Yesterday I saw a Blue Jay while visiting private property along Bear Creek in Clear Creek County. eBird shows only three other reports for Clear Creek in that database, from May and October.

This morning an adult Golden Eagle passed over Littleton Cemetery, Arapahoe Co, escorted along by the local pair of ravens, of course. They wouldn't miss the rare chance to let the eagle know it must not tarry. This was only the third Golden Eagle I've seen in the city of Littleton proper in the 8 full years I've worked and birded here. And it was the first for the Cemetery hotspot; #125 for me there, of the 126 species so far reported from the hotspot. A Pine Siskin at the cemetery today was the first I've had there or nearby since May. Ketring Park had a Swamp Sparrow calling in the marsh north of the lake.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO