A few Jefferson County birds

David Suddjian

Nov 29, 2016, 6:39:51 PM11/29/16
to Colorado Birds
This morning (11/29) I had an unexpected Lapland Longspur fly over as I was along the west side of Hine Lake in Robert A. Easton Regional Park. If it wasn't for its calls I would have likely missed it completely. A Ross's Goose was initially at the lake with a large flock of Cackling Geese, but the flock soon flew out to the east taking the Ross's with it. A Greater White-fronted Goose continues at Clement Park. Today I saw it on the lake, and yesterday I saw it on the grass near the library entrance drive. A White-throated Sparrow at Harriman Lake Park was the only bird of note that I saw there today.

Yesterday there were three Greater Scaup at Hine Lake and three at Clement Park, and a Bonaparte's Gull made a short appearance at Hine Lake before moving out to the south.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

David Suddjian

Nov 29, 2016, 6:57:23 PM11/29/16
to Colorado Birds
Addendum - a Pacific Loon was at Marston Reservoir in Denver Co. I presume it was the same bird that has been here for a few days. Not very many birds were at the reservoir.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO