Plum Creek Delta at Chatfield - Long-billed Dowitcher/Greater White-fronted Goose

Gregg Goodrich

Nov 19, 2019, 7:35:39 PM11/19/19
to Cob...@googlegroups.com
The 2 Long-billed Dowitchers continue in the Plum Creek Delta at Chatfield this morning 11/19. There was a Wilson’s Snipe with them that made for a nice comparison. Almost the same size with the same sewing machine feeding type, but the LBDO has longer legs and the WISN showed the long light colored strips on a dark back.

I then noticed some orange legs on one of the hundreds of white faced geese. Greater White-fronted Goose was a Douglas county bird for me. It was very near where the LBDO and WISN were feeding on the mud flats.

EBird does not show a later staying LBDO for Chatfield. Wonder if they will stay for the CBC or get pushed out by the moisture that is coming in the next 2 days?

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch