Red-eyed Vireo, residential Boulder city

Eric DeFonso

Jun 22, 2015, 9:52:55 PM6/22/15
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I went out for an early-morning run in my neighborhood and heard a singing Red-eyed Vireo up around 24th and Bluff, in the heart of residential Boulder. This is actually the second time I've heard it the past couple weeks. The first time, I noted it but didn't report it here since I figured it would be moving elsewhere quickly. But apparently it has stuck around. The other time I heard it was just a block or two away, near Mapleton and 23rd, so it seems to have set up shop here.

I know this is just more Boulder County arcana, but I think it's cool when a bird like this hangs around a neighborhood, breaking up the monotony of robins, starlings, and house finches.

Thanks for indulging me,
Eric

--
Eric DeFonso