Clark's Nutcrackers (low el.) BW Hawk, Boulder 9/16

Thomas Heinrich

Sep 19, 2016, 1:00:59 PM9/19/16
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Friday morning I had caught a brief flyby and stopover of three Clark's Nutcrackers moving south to north along the Dakota Ridge (approx 5800') at the base of Mt. Sanitas (a new yard bird).

Sunday morning (9/18) I had a light Broad-winged Hawk rising in the developing thermals above my yard. Seemed like it had roosted very close Sat night.

Good birding,

Thomas Heinrich
Boulder, CO
Nyc...@aol.com

Eric DeFonso

Sep 21, 2016, 1:31:45 AM9/21/16
to tehei...@gmail.com, cob...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of low elevation Clark's Nutcrackers, I had a group of 6 of them fly overhead, downhill no less, at White Ranch Open Space in Jefferson County, on Sunday morning while I was trail running. I was probably around 6400 ft at the time, still in pondo land.

Eric

-------
Eric DeFonso
Westminster, CO