Red-headed Woodpecker report, Chaffee Cty

Eric DeFonso

May 25, 2017, 3:43:22 PM5/25/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

A nonbirding friend of mine living in Salida plausibly described seeing and photographing (poorly) what sounds to me like a Red-headed Woodpecker in Salida in Chaffee County a couple days ago. She mentioned that a friend of hers who was with her and is more familiar with birds also was convinced that's what it was. This was around the dog park on Holman Avenue, as I understand.

Just passing that along in case anyone was curious. That would seem to be an unusual find for the area, according to eBird.

-------
Eric DeFonso
Westminster, CO