Eastern Phoebe near Hygiene, 4/26

Nathan Pieplow

Apr 26, 2014, 6:19:15 PM4/26/14
to cobirds
Hi all,

I birded a little along north 61st / 63rd Streets between Hygiene Road and Highway 66 west of Longmont this morning (Boulder County). Best bird was an Eastern Phoebe near the St. Vrain crossing (actually a little northeast of there, at the smaller ditch crossing on 63rd at the south end of the farmhouse, about 100 yards north of the east-west portion of the road).  This is close to where one was seen repeatedly last summer.  There may have been a pair present this morning, though I could only confirm one.

I also had a Lesser Goldfinch in a flock of American Goldfinches.

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder