Up to 3 White-winged Doves, Gunbarrel, Boulder

Nathan Pieplow

May 24, 2014, 10:55:19 AM5/24/14
to cobirds
This morning an apparent male-female pair of White-winged Doves was engaged in close courtship behavior about 150 meters northeast of the intersection of White Rock and Spine in the Gunbarrel area of Boulder.  About 30 minutes later I heard a White-winged Dove at the southwest corner of Gunbarrel Commons Park, about four blocks away as the dove flies.  I can't prove it was a third bird, but that was my impression.

This species may be starting a permanent colonization of the area.

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder