Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Boulder County

Nathan Pieplow

Jul 15, 2018, 5:36:15 PM7/15/18
to cobirds
Bryan O'Leary just called to say he and his wife saw a male Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at 8 PM last night on some neighborhood open space in Superior. The exact location was 39.916889, -105.156263. The spot can be accessed off Torreys Peak Road in Superior, via a trail that leads off the sidewalk between houses, just south of Maroon Peak Road. The bird was right up at the spot where there is a bench and a couple of trees, near the water treatment installation. This is not very far from the road at all.

I am out of town so I can't go check to see if the bird is still there, but I hope others can find it!

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder