Yellow-throated Warbler - YES

Nathan Pieplow

Oct 28, 2017, 10:59:59 AM10/28/17
to cobirds
I checked some of the other areas on the south end of the CU campus that sometimes have flocks of birds, and eventually I refound the Yellow-throated Warbler, in the pines between the Fiske Planetarium and the Speech Language Hearing Services building. When last seen it was in a ponderosa up near the top of the hill, just below the telescope. It was with a large and active flock that included several Red-breasted Nuthatches, both chickadees, juncos, and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. I didn't detect any Yellow-rumps, but I quit looking when I found the Yellow-throated, so as to come back home and write this post.

The campus is already crawling with tailgaters.

Nathan