Pueblo County, Sunday

Chris Selvig

Apr 27, 2020, 9:48:08 AM4/27/20
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Eager to get in some road herping on what was forecast to be a warm Spring day I piled the kids in the car and headed for northeastern Pueblo County.  My timing was off and we were just hitting "snake temperature," when we started for home.

Avian highlights:

I watched a Greater Roadrunner catch a Lesser Earless Lizard and got good photos.
At least six Burrowing Owls, of which I only got terrible photos.
FOS Swainson's Hawk near the Nixon Power Plant.
Golden Eagle.
FOS Lark Sparrows.
Curve-billed Thrasher.
Ladder-backed Woodpeckers.
Say's Phoebe.
FOS Western Kingbirds and a lone Eastern Kingbird.
American Kestrel with a small snake, almost certainly a young-of-2019 Western Hognose given the size and shape.
Prairie Falcon.

Chris Selvig
Colorado Springs