Varied Thrush NO, Larimer county, CO, 12/26

Sean Walters

Dec 26, 2013, 7:43:25 PM12/26/13
to cobirds
Hello Everyone,

Today, I did NOT see the Varied Thrush in our yard. For a good portion of the day a Sharp-shinned Hawk hung around the feeders and tried for a free meal. As far as I could tell, it only succeeded in keeping the birds in hiding when it was present. So far, the Varied Thrush has apparently preferred a good amount of activity at our feeders as those are the times it makes its appearances. Naturally, warmth also appears to encourage the bird to visit far less frequently. I will repost if the bird is re-seen.

Sean Walters
Loveland, CO