Lamar (Prowers Co) CO 27Feb2017

Janeal Thompson

Feb 27, 2017, 11:48:47 PM2/27/17
to cobirds
19 species visited my yard today in Lamar, although there was nothing unusual, there was a lot of activity through-out the day.  The visitors included a White-breasted and a Red-breasted Nuthatch, a Brown Creeper, several Cedar Waxwings, White-winged Doves and a calling Townsend's Solitaire. A Sharp-shinned Hawk flew in to chase finches and juncos at the feeders and after an unsuccessful try, it went into hiding in a dense, blue spruce certainly assuring its next meal.

We desperately need some moisture down this way.

Janeal Thompson
Lamar, CO