Baird's Sparrows, Larimer

Nick Moore

May 27, 2017, 5:36:24 PM5/27/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
The Baird's Sparrows have returned to Soapstone Prairie, I followed a recent eBird report to the area. About one half mile north of the Pronghorn Loop and Plover Trail intersection (same as last year). I came up with a tally of five birds, despite a little wind, and some of the birds were far enough off trail to be hard to hear.

Also, a word to the wise, late May brings the arrival of juvenile Horned Larks. It can be all too easy to turn them into all sorts of species, including a certain pipit which migrates in late April-early May.

Nick Moore
Boulder, CO