Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Bart Deferme

ungelesen,
24.09.2017, 11:37:2924.09.17
an Colorado Birds
The cold front brought in larger numbers of the somewhat unexpected birds I've been reporting over the last few weeks. This morning, I had four Red-breasted Nuthatches, two White-breasted Nuthatches, two Mountain Chickadees and one Woodhouse's Scrub-jay. All were mixed in with the usual suspects: House Finches, Black-capped Chickadees, Downy Woodpecker, Blue Jays.

Yesterday, I was surprised to see a Rock Wren on my neighbor's roof. Definitely a new yard bird, and not very common at all this far East, according to eBird. I had only seen them close to home previously in their more expected habitat: the cliffs of Castlewood Canyon, and the dam at Cherry Creek reservoir.

Bart Deferme
Quincy Reservoir
Aurora, CO
Allen antworten