Waxwings along Cherry Creek at Logan

Beth Partin

Jan 27, 2023, 3:55:10 PM1/27/23
to Colorado Birds
Today as I was walking home from Trader Joe's, and unfortunately without binoculars, I saw a flock of waxwings along Cherry Creek near Logan.

I didn't see any Bohemian waxwings among them, but I could have missed them because the birds were silhouetted against a cloudy sky. There were a few robins among them.

I have also seen waxwings at 4th and Lincoln while waiting for the bus, as well as a Townsend's solitaire and bushtits. The area from 4th and Lincoln to Cherry Creek does draw some interesting birds, but the Baker neighborhood in general is not that birdy, at least in my experience.

Beth Partin (she, her)
Denver